InterChurch News is a faith-based (evangelical Christian) family-owned nonprofit digital news and resource service. Designed primarily for southern California's tithing and taxpaying evangelical voters -- and secondly as an outreach to the general public -- InterChurch News serves to inform, protect and assist. (1, 3, 4)
Statement of faith: 'We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.'
-National Association of Evangelicals (2)
InterChurch News is a member of California Newspaper Publishers Association (CNPA). We utilize AP Stylebook. We don't Twitter, retweet or 'like' Facebook. Established September 20, 2013, InterChurch News is an edit-at-will digital news service. The editor-publisher is a California-native Vietnam-era veteran who holds a Bachelors of Arts degree in journalism with a discipline in religion. He is a 2016 Platform Republican -- InterChurch News endorses president Donald J. Trump for reelection in 2020.
Note: Due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) crisis, federal, state and local orders change things rapidly. We implemented semimonthly publication dates (1st and 15th) of each month in order to focus on adding resources and improving our news site.
In the interim, InterChurch News continues to pack the bookends between publication dates with relevant aggregate news -- including public service COVID-19 updates -- and our own brand of local news, photos including the investigation series into the Perris cannabis billboards and shops, and forward-looking articles on the constitutional implications of government orders to churches, gun shops and 'non-essential' places of employment, and how pastors are retooling to reach their congregational needs during the crisis.
Inside InterChurch News
I. NEWS & NOTABLE files newslinks in groups of publication date (Volume and Number) archives.
We defer to the Bible regarding truth, absolutes, words and journalistic integrity:
- Creation: 'In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.'-Genesis 1:1 (John1:1, Col. 1:15-17, Job 38:4, Ps. 33:33:6, Ps. 89:11-12, Hebrews 11:3)
- Age of Aquarius, anarchy, socialism: 'But the Lord God called to the man ... "Where are you ... have you eaten ... of which I commanded you not to eat?' -Genesis 3:11-19
- Israel, Jews: 'I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.' -Genesis 12:3
- False accusations: 'A single witness shall not suffice against a person for any crime or for any wrong in connection with any offense ...' -Deut. 19:15 (Matt. 18:16, 1 Tim. 5:19-21)
- Confront evil: 'Break the arm of the wicked ... call his wickedness to account til you find none.' -Ps. 10:15
- Journalistic integrity: 'A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in espressing his own opinion.' -Proverbs 18:2
- Investigate, cross examine: 'The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.' -Proverbs 18:17
- Editing fairly: 'Unequal weights and unequal measures are both alike an abomination to the Lord.' -Proverbs 20:10
- Prophetic purpose of Jesus: 'For to us a child is born ... shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.' -Is. 9:6, (Is. 53:5, Ps. 22:1-23, Micah 5:2-3)
- Jesus said he is absolute way to God: 'Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."' -John 14:6 (Heb. 10:19-22, John 11:25, Rev. 1:5-7)
- Four accounts of Jesus' crucifixion: 'So he delivered him over to them to be crucified. So they took Jesus, and he went out, bearing his own cross, to the place called The Place of a Skull ... there they crucified him, and with him two others, one on either side ... Pilate also wrote an inscription and put it on the cross ...' -John 19:16-22 (Matt. 27:26, Mark 15:15, Luke 23:25)
- Eyewitnesses of Jesus: 'That ... which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life ... we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was made manifest to us ...' -1 John 1:1-4 (Acts 4:20, John 15:27, Acts 1:21)
- Death, Judgment Day, heaven, hell: 'And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.' -Matt. 25:46 (John 5:28, Heb. 9:27, Dan. 12:2, Is. 26:19, Ezek. 37:1-14)
Drop window links include: 1. Editorials, Reviews. 2. Archives.
Editorials are opinions of the editor and not necessarily representative in all -- or part -- by the evangelical community we seek to serve. Under First Amendment protection, our editorial position is to exercise the right to freedom of -- and to -- religion, speech and the press; to defend the rights of the oppressed, the unborn, adoptive children and children of faith enrolled in taxpayer-funded public schools -- or private and home schools.
InterChurch News advocates non-violent resistance, pro-active measures (winning souls for Jesus Christ, the power of voting) to overturn the redefinition of marriage by the 5-4 U.S. Supreme Court's June 26, 2015 decision to incorporate same-sex unions (Obergefell v. Hodges) and with that, the 21st Century word-theft of 'family,' 'parent,' 'father,' 'mother,' 'husband' and 'wife.' (5)
From Genesis to Revelation, the Bible is reliable in the interplay of history and prophecy, of mankind's inherent sin nature since the fall of Adam and Eve, the broken relationship with God and consequences thereof, and God's offering of forgiveness and redemption soley and uniquely through faith in Jesus Christ as the only son of the living God.
'Be not decieved: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolators, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.'
-1 Corinthians 6:9-11
'I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people -- not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolators, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolator, reviler, drunkard, or swindler -- not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. Purge the evil person from among you.'
-1 Corinthians 5:9-13
Additional Page Sections
II. BOOKS, EVENTS, ETC. is a quick start guide to assist in finding Christian-interest books, movies, music, sermons and events.
III. JOB RESOURCES is a direct-link referral page providing job opportunities for our unemployed family, friends and neighbors. (3, 4)
IV. A CHRISTIAN'S DIRECTORY is a quick start guide to provide links to: Abortion Alternatives | Christian Counseling | Foster Care | Homeless, Abused-Mother Shelters | Senior Assistance / Attorneys - Legal Resources / Bible Study Tools - Apologetics / Book & Gift / Education - Career Changers / Digital News / Radio / Taxpayer Resources / Various Links.
Drop window links include: 1. Food & Shelter 2. Veterans 3. Church & School Rights 4. The War to Define Marriage
V. FORENSIC FAITH overlays Psalm 22 and Isaiah 53 messianic prophecies to New Testament citations in the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
Drop window link: 1. Editor's Testimony 2. Statement of Faith 3. Contact
Our mission is to please God by communicating primarily to the needs of the Christian community and assisting in strengthening 'the things that remain.' (6-8)
The internet has provided InterChurch News with an unexpected worldwide audience since launching the first web issue. Internet statistics as of December 31, 2019: 3.1 million hits, 221,000 pages viewed, 53,000 visits, 24,000 unique visitors from 100 countries including the Vatican State. Not a big splash production, InterChurch News continues to advance as 'Twenty-Six Lead Soldiers' march -- and the Lord wills.
We are a work-in-progress. MISTAKES will be made as we press on and process information. Two admonitions: 1) Pray for the dreams God has given you since you've been saved and 2) hang in there. May 'the grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen.' (9)
-W. Keith Sloane, editor-publisher
To the memory of Christian journalists Malcolm Muggeridge, Sherwood 'Woody' E. Wirt and Dan Wooding.
Footnotes: 1) Helps: 1 Cor. 12:22 2) "What Is An Evangelical?" NAE 3) Meet needs: John 21:15-17, Galatians 6:10, Acts 4:34, Rom. 12:13, Prov. 24:5 4) State of California Employment Development Department, August 2018 statistics; 5) Alliance Defending Freedom (Search: Prop 8), "Court Should of Upheld Heterosexual Marriage," Austin R. Nimocks, June 28, 2013 USA Today; 'The Health Hazards of Homosexuality -- What the Medical and Psychological Research Reveals,' by Mass Resistance, pbk edition Feb. 2017; Calif. Constitution, Section 7.5 "Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California;" Calif. Constitution, Section 1: "All political power is inherent in the people. Government is instituted for their protection, security, and benefit, and they have a right to altar or reform it when the public good may require;" Bible texts warning of the sin of homosexuality include: Gen. 18:20ff (re Sodom and Gomorrah), Lev. 18:22 & 20:13, Deut. 27:16, Rom. 1:21ff, 1 Cor. 6:9-10, 1 Tim. 1:9-11. 6) Diverse community: 1 Cor. 6:9-11: "Such were some of you ...," 1 Cor. 5:9ff : "... I did not mean with the immoral people of this world ...," Eph. 2:13ff: "... brought near by the blood of Christ ...," Eph. 4:13: "... until we all attain to the unity of the faith ...," 1 Cor. 12:14ff: "And the eye cannot say to the hand, 'I have no need of you,' or again the head to the feet, 'I have no need of you.'" 7) His purpose: Eph. 2:10ff: "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works ...," Eph. 4:11-16: "And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ ..." 8) Rev. 3:2, John 21:15-17. 9) Rev. 22:21. The last sentence in the Bible.
© 2020, All Rights Reserved