InterChurch News (IC News) is an evangelical Christian digital weekly news and resource service designed especially for southern California's tithing and taxpaying voters -- and to serve as an outreach to the general public. (1, 3, 4)
Statement of faith: 'We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.'
-National Association of Evangelicals (2)
IC News is a member of California Newspaper Publishers Association (CNPA). We utilize AP Stylebook. We don't Twitter, retweet or 'like' Facebook. Established September 20, 2013, IC News is an edit-at-will digital weekly. The publisher-editor -- a California native, Vietnam-era veteran -- holds a Bachelors of Arts degree in journalism with a discipline in religion and is a 2016 Platform Republican.
Inside InterChurch News
I. NEWS & NOTABLE files newslinks in weekly time capsules. We defer to the Bible regarding truth, absolutes, words and journalistic integrity:
- Re creation vs. evolution: 'In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.'-Genesis 1:1
- Re utopia vs. the fall of man, sin, guilt, need for law: 'But the Lord God called to the man ... "Where are you ... have you eaten ... of which I commanded you not to eat?' -Genesis 3:11
- Re Israel, Jewish race: 'I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.' -Genesis 12:3
- Re false accusation: ''A single witness shall not suffice against a person for any crime or for any wrong in connection with any offense ...' -Deuteronomy 19:15 (Matthew 18:16)
- Re hatred of evil: 'Break the arm of the wicked ... call his wickedness to account til you find none.' -Psalm 10:15
- Re PR vs. journalist integrity: 'A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in espressing his own opinion.' -Proverbs 18:2
- Re cross examination: 'The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.' -Proverbs 18:17
- Re agenda-driven editing: 'Unequal weights and unequal measures are both alike an abomination to the Lord.' -Proverbs 20:10
- Re prophecy of Jesus: 'For to us a child is born, to us a son is given ... his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.' -Isaiah 9:6
- Re prophecy of Jesus: 'But he was piereced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities ... with his wounds we are healed.' -Isaiah 53:5
- Re one way to God: 'Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."' -John 14:6
- Re eyewitness account: 'So they took Jesus, and he went out, bearing his own cross, to the place called The Place of a Skull ... there they crucified him, and with him two others, one on either side ... Pilate also wrote an inscription and put it on the cross ...' -John 19:16-22
- Re false accusation: 'Do not admit a charge against an elder except on the evidence of two or three witnesses ... those who persist in sin, rebuke ... in the presence of all.' -1 Timothy 5:19-21
- Re eyewitness account: 'That ... which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life ... we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was made manifest to us ...' -1 John 1:1-4
- Re Judgment Day: 'And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.' -Matthew 25:46
Drop window links include: 1. Editorials, Reviews. 2. Archives.
Editorials are opinions of the editor and not necessarily representative in all -- or part -- by the evangelical community we seek to serve. Under First Amendment protection, our editorial position is to exercise the right to freedom of -- and to -- religion, speech and the press; to defend the rights of the oppressed, the unborn, adoptive children and children of faith enrolled in taxpayer-funded public schools -- or private and home schools.
IC News advocates non-violent resistance, pro-active measures (winning souls for Jesus Christ, voting) to overturn the redefinition of marriage by the 5-4 U.S. Supreme Court's June 26, 2015 decision to incorporate same-sex unions (Obergefell v. Hodges) and with that, the 21st Century word-theft of 'family,' 'parent,' 'father,' 'mother,' 'husband' and 'wife.' (5)
From Genesis to Revelation, the Bible is reliable in the interplay of history and prophecy, of mankind's inherent sin nature since the fall of Adam and Eve, the broken relationship with God and consequences thereof, and God's offering of forgiveness and redemption soley and uniquely through faith in Jesus Christ as the only son of the living God.
'Be not decieved: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolators, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.'
-1 Corinthians 6:9-11
'I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people -- not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolators, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolator, reviler, drunkard, or swindler -- not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. Purge the evil person from among you.'
-1 Corinthians 5:9-13
Additional Page Sections
II. BOOK & MUSIC, Etc. is a quick start guide to assist in finding wholesome reads, movies and events.
III. JOB INFORMATION is a direct-link referral page providing job opportunities for our unemployed family, friends and neighbors. (3, 4)
IV. RESOURCE DIRECTORY is a quick start guide to provide links to: Abortion Alternatives | Christian Counseling | Foster Care | Homeless, Abused-Mother Shelters | Senior Assistance / Attorneys - Legal Resources / Bible Study Tools - Apologetics / Book & Gift / Education - Career Changers / Digital News / Radio / Taxpayer Resources / Various Links.
Drop window links include: 1. Food & Shelter 2. Veterans 3. Church & School Rights 4. The War to Define Marriage
V. A FORENSIC FAITH overlays Psalm 22 and Isaiah 53 messianic prophecies to New Testament citations in the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
Drop window link: 1. Editor's Testimony 2. Statement of Faith. 3. Contact
Our primary goal is to provide food for God's household (God's word, information and encouragement) in communicating to the needs of the community God has called together for His purpose -- and 'strengthen the things that remain.' (6-8)
The internet has provided IC News with an unexpected worldwide audience since launching the first web issue. Internet statistics as of June 2019: 2.9 million hits, 194,000 pages viewed, 46,000 visits, 21,000 unique visitors; persons from 98 countries (six continents) -- including Vatican City State -- viewed IC News in December 2014. Not a big splash production, IC News continues to advance as 'Twenty-Six Lead Soldiers' march -- and the Lord wills.
We are a work-in-progress; hang in there, check back soon and 'the grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen.' (9)
-W. Keith Sloane, publisher and editor
To the memory of Christian journalists Malcolm Muggeridge and Sherwood 'Woody' E. Wirt.
Footnotes: 1) Helps: 1 Cor. 12:22 2) "What Is An Evangelical?" NAE 3) Meet needs: John 21:15-17, Galatians 6:10, Acts 4:34, Rom. 12:13, Prov. 24:5 4) State of California Employment Development Department, August 2018 statistics; 5) Alliance Defending Freedom (Search: Prop 8), "Court Should of Upheld Heterosexual Marriage," Austin R. Nimocks, June 28, 2013 USA Today; 'The Health Hazards of Homosexuality -- What the Medical and Psychological Research Reveals,' by Mass Resistance, pbk edition Feb. 2017; Calif. Constitution, Section 7.5 "Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California;" Calif. Constitution, Section 1: "All political power is inherent in the people. Government is instituted for their protection, security, and benefit, and they have a right to altar or reform it when the public good may require;" Bible texts warning of the sin of homosexuality include: Gen. 18:20ff (re Sodom and Gomorrah), Lev. 18:22 & 20:13, Deut. 27:16, Rom. 1:21ff, 1 Cor. 6:9-10, 1 Tim. 1:9-11. 6) Diverse community: 1 Cor. 6:9-11: "Such were some of you ...," 1 Cor. 5:9ff : "... I did not mean with the immoral people of this world ...," Eph. 2:13ff: "... brought near by the blood of Christ ...," Eph. 4:13: "... until we all attain to the unity of the faith ...," 1 Cor. 12:14ff: "And the eye cannot say to the hand, 'I have no need of you,' or again the head to the feet, 'I have no need of you.'" 7) His purpose: Eph. 2:10ff: "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works ...," Eph. 4:11-16: "And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ ..." 8) Rev. 3:2, John 21:15-17. 9) Rev. 22:21. The last sentence in the Bible.
© 2019, All Rights Reserved