'Get wisdom, get insight ...' -Proverbs 4:5 / 'A joyful heart is good medicine ...' -Proverbs 17:22 / 'There is a way that seems right ... but its end is the way to death.' -Proverbs 14:12
Not Necessarily New -- but Notable
Non-fiction (author, title):
- 'Christian Higher Education -- Faith, Teaching and Learning in the Evangelical Tradition.' -Edited by David Dockery and Christopher Morgan (2018).
- 'A Practical Exposition,' by James Durham (2018). A closer look at the Ten Commandments.
- 'Standing Up To Goliath -- Battling State and National Teacher's Unions for the Heart and Soul of Our Kids and Country,' by Rebecca Friedrichs (2018). A former California teacher takes on state and national teacher's unions -- the root of the public school's ills.
- 'Dark Agenda -- The War to Destroy Christian America,' by David Horowitz (2018). An intolerant Leftist strategy is documented.
- 'The Corrupt Classroom -- Bias, Indoctrination, Violence, and Social Engineering Show Why America Needs School Choice,' by Lance Izumi (2017). Exposes the America public school takeover by Leftists, and advocates the parent's right to school choice.
- 'The Persecution and Genocide of Christians in the Middle East -- Prevention, Prohibition, & Prosecution,' edited by Ronald J. Rychlak, Jane F. Adolphe (2017). Collection of 12 essays; a primer for Christians, for students of human rights, and all concerned about religious persecution.
- 'Antonin Scalia on Faith -- Lessons from an American Believer,' Edited by C. J. Scalia and E. Whelan (2019). A collection of the late Catholic conservative SCOTUS justice's thoughts, opinions and defense for religion in the public square.
- 'The Case for Miracles -- A Journalist Investigates Evidence for the Supernatural,' by Lee Strobel (2018); fact-based.
- 'Night,' by Elie Wiesel (1958). A new translation by Marion Wiesel (2006). A Jewish eyewitness account of Nazi Germany.
Christian-themed Music (artist, title):
- 'Peace on Earth,' -Casting Crowns (2008). Christmas-themed.
- 'Trouble No More' -Bob Dylan, The Bootleg Series Vol. 13, 1979-1981 (2017). Historical, a born-again Dylan on tour.
- 'So You Wanna Go Back To Egypt' -Keith Green (1979). That's Bob Dylan on harmonica ('Pledge My Head to Heaven').
- 'The Case for Christ,' 2017. The conversion testimony of Chicago Tribune reporter Lee Strobel. .
- 'Gosnell -- The Trial of America's Biggest Serial Killer,' 2018, PG-13. Fact-based trial of abortionist.
- 'I Can Only Imagine,' 2018, PG. Fact-based biography of Christian songwriter Mercy Me's Bart Millard.
- 'Joni,' 1980. Fact-based biography of Joni Erickson Tada's faith in overcoming quadriplegia.
- 'C. H. Spurgeon: The People's Preacher,' 2010. In 1861 -- without a mic -- Spurgeon was preaching to 6000 people on Sunday.
- 'The Winslow Boy' (1948, 1999). A father risks all to clear his son and the family name in order 'that right be done.'
- 'The Encounter' (2011). Clever faith-filled family drama about Jesus serving stranded cafe customers.
- 'Les Miserables' (1934, 1952, 1998). Screen adaptations of Victor Hugo's 1862 novel about a regenerated man's struggle with his accuser.