'Get wisdom, get insight ...' -Proverbs 4:5 / 'A joyful heart is good medicine ...' -Proverbs 17:22 / 'There is a way that seems right ... but its end is the way to death.' -Proverbs 14:12
Not Necessarily New -- but Notable (a work-in-progress)
- 'On Faith -- Lesson from an American Believer,' Scalia, Antonin; Edited by Scalia, C.J. and Whelan, E. (© 2019). A collection of the late U.S Supreme Court justice's defense for religion in the public square.
- 'Night,' Weisel, Elie (© 1958). A new translation by Weisel, Marion (© 2006). A Jewish eyewitness account of Nazi Germany.
- 'Ethics,' Bonhoeffer, Dietrich (© 1949, 1955, Touchstone edition © 1995). Chrisitans do not 'live in a vacuum,' Bonhoeffer states, but in a world of government, politics, labor and marriage; compiled of writings prior to his execution by Nazis in 1945.
- 'Raising Your Children for Christ,' Murray, Andrew (Whitaker House edition © 1984, previously titled 'How to Bring Your Children to Christ.').
- 'The Case for Miracles -- A Journalist Investigates Evidence for the Supernatural,' Strobel, Lee (© 2018).
Cultural (Missionary, Persecution, Political)
- 'Dark Agenda -- The War to Destroy Christian America,' by Horowitz, David (© 2018). The intolerant Leftist strategy to destroy Judeo-Christian values and tradition is documented by a former '60s writer and radical ('Radical Son,' 'Destructive Generation -- Second Thoughts About the '60s).
- 'The Perseuction and Genocide of Christians in the Middle East -- Prevention, Prohibition & Prosecution,' edited by Rychlak, Ronald J., Adolphe, Jane F. (© 2017). Collection of 12 essays; a primer for Christians, students of human rights, and all concerned about religious persecution.
- 'Christian Higher Education -- Faith, Teaching and Learning in the Evangelical Tradition,' edited by Dockery, David and Morgan, Christopher (© 2018).
- 'Standing Up To Goliath -- Battling State and National Teacher's Unions for the Heart and Soul of Our Kids and Country,' by Freidrichs, Rebecca (© 2018). A former Calif. teacher takes on teacher's unions that she argues use union fees and dues primarily for political agendas.
- 'The Corrupt Classroom -- Bias, Indoctrination, Violence, and Social Engineering Show Why America Needs School Choice,' by Izumi, Lance (© 2017). Exposes America's public school takeover by Leftists.
Christian-themed Music & Music Videos (alpha artist):
- 'Reckless Love' -Asbury, Cory, official lyric video; Bethel Music
- 'So Will I (100 Billion X)' -Cook, Amanda, Sunday morning worship (video); (© Hillsong)
- 'Peace on Earth' -Casting Crowns (2008). Christmas-themed.
- 'In Christ Alone,' -Daigle, Lauren, acoustic version (video), published 2014.
- 'Trouble No More' -Dylan, Bob, 'The Bootleg Series Vol. 13, 1979-1981' (2017). 'LA Times' review.
- 'When You Gonna Wake Up?' -Dylan, Bob; Oslo, Norway July 9, 1981. 'Trouble No More -- The Bootleg Series Vol. 13'
- 'Tell Your Heart to Beat Again' -Gokey, Danny (video).
- 'So You Wanna Go Back To Egypt' -Green, Keith (1979).
- 'Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)' --Hillsong United (video).
- 'What a Beautiful Name' -Hillsong Worship (video), from the album 'Let There Be Light,' recorded live in Australia 2016.
- 'Flood the Earth' -Jesus Culture (video), from the album 'Love Has A Name,' published 2017.
- 'God's Not Dead' -Newsboys (video), © 2012 Newsboys.
- 'Our God' -Tomlin, Chris (video), official live version published 2013.
Non-fictional (alpha title):
- 'A Man For All Seasons' (1966), G. Portrays the uncompromising faith of Sir Thomas More towards King Henry VIII.
- 'A Smile As Big As The Moon' (2019), PG. Hallmark true story a special-ed teacher gets his classs to NASA space camp.
- 'Beyond the Blackboard' (2011), PG. Hallmark true story of first year teacher who teaches homeless children.
- 'The Case for Christ' (2017), NR. The conversion testimony of Chicago Tribune reporter Lee Strobel. .
- 'Chariots of Fire' (1981), PG. Study of motivation between a Christian and a Jew competing in the 1924 Olympics.
- 'The Elephant Man' (1980), PG. Based on life of John Merrick: orphaned, deformed, beaten -- yet kind, not bitter, a Christian.
- 'Evelyn' (2002), PG. True, inspiring story of divorced dad who fights in courts to get his children back from mandated boarding school.
- 'Gosnell -- The Trial of America's Biggest Serial Killer' (2018), PG-13. Fact-based trial of abortionist.
- 'I Can Only Imagine' (2018), PG. Fact-based biography of Christian songwriter Mercy Me's Bart Millard.
- 'Joni' (1980). Fact-based biography of Joni Erickson-Tada: CEO, artist, author, speaker, wife and Christian in spite of quadriplegia.
- 'Mully' (2017), NR. The true and inspiring story of Charles Mully, orphaned in Kenya and through acts of kindness, repentance and a faith in Christ lead him to become an American millionaire who returns to his homeland to help orphans.
- 'C. H. Spurgeon: The People's Preacher' (2010). In 1861 -- without a mic -- Spurgeon was preaching to 6000 people on Sunday.
- 'The Winslow Boy' (1948, 1999). A father risks all to clear his son and the family name in order 'that right be done.'
Fictonal (alpha title):
- 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe' (2005), PG. Excellent movie version of a C.S. Lewis classic.
- 'The Encounter' (2011). Clever faith-filled family drama about Jesus serving stranded cafe customers.
- 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' (2012), PG-13 (violence). Excellent movie version of J.R.R. Tolkien's classic hero adventure.
- 'Les Miserables' (1934, 1952, 1998). Screen adaptations of Victor Hugo's 1862 novel about a regenerated man's struggle with his accuser.